Terms of Service
By making a payment via the website or a sales invoice, you agree to Connect Education's terms of service.
- You indemnify Connect Education against any claims or suits for loss, injury, or other damage to any person or object arising from the provision of any services and/or resources to the full extent permissible by law.
- You provide Connect Education the right to use any photography/video taken in publications or other media material produced, used or contracted by Connect Education including but not limited to: brochures, invitations, books, newspapers, magazines, television, websites, etc.
- You are aware of my responsibility to respect Connect Education's intellectual property and you will not record any presentation, reproduce or distribute notes or other materials, or in any other way violate Connect Education's copyrights.
- Connect Education may email you for informational or promotional purposes, but you may opt out of future emails at any time.
- You understand that all tickets available are for Unit 3 and 4 ("Year 12") VCE subjects, unless otherwise advertised.
- ATAR is a registered trademark of the Victorian Tertiary Admissions Centre ("VTAC"); "VCE" is a is a registered trademarks of the Victorian Curriculum and Assessment Authority ("VCAA"). VTAC and VCAA have no involvement in or responsibility for any material appearing on this site.
- VCE exam questions reproduced from the Victorian Curriculum and Assessment Authority (VCAA) are © VCAA, used with permission. VCE® is a registered trademark of the VCAA. Current and past VCAA exams and related content can be accessed directly at www.vcaa.vic.edu.au The VCAA does not endorse or make any warranties regarding this Connect Education study resource.
- We may update these terms at any time without prior notice. If we modify these terms, we will post the modification on the connecteducation.com.au website, applications, or services, which are effective upon posting. Continued participation in any of our products or services after any modification shall constitute consent to such modification.
Refunds and Exchanges
In certain cases, you may be eligible for a refund in addition to your statutory consumer rights. Connect Education will gladly provide a refund for class or lecture bookings where the request is made within 5 days of purchase. This excludes situations in which:
- The classes or lectures are due to begin within 10 days.
- One or more of the purchased classes or lectures have already been participated in.
- Notes or other materials associated with classes or lectures have already been provided or dispatched.
Exchange of tickets.
Tickets are non-transferable. However, we will gladly provide an exchange should there have been an error during the booking process.
Exchange of Notes.
Notes or Instanotes purchases are not eligible for return or exchange, unless required as per your statutory consumer rights. We take great care in designing our notes, and will ensure any major issues are addressed where they occur.
Limited trials for Classes.
From time to time, as a promotional offer, a sales representative may offer the ability to trial classes, where the full payment is required upfront, but there is an option to ask for a refund after a specified number of weeks. In this case: a) the student must have attended for the specified number of weeks, b) a refund must be requested within 5 days of the last class, c) the refund will be equal to the full price paid, less $49,50 per week/subject, d) if a notes book was already collected, the refund will also be less $39 per book collected.
Classes and Lectures Conditions
If you are unable to attend a class.
While no refunds are available, we will ensure that we provide you with the weekly materials for the missed classes, and where possible place you in another session during the week missed.
Classes preferences and ticket allocation.
We will attempt to ensure that all students are allocated to their chosen time slots. However, in some cases, this may not be feasible. Should this be the case, students will be notified in writing, and provided with alternative time slots where possible. If these are not suitable, a full refund will be provided.
At our discretion, we may offer an instalment plan for the payment of classes. Whereby the first invoice of an instalment plan is paid, this is an acceptance and legal obligation to pay all remaining instalments on time. Failure to pay instalments may result in reasonable interest charges or debt recovery.
Scheduling of one-to-one tutoring under SuperClasses Plus plans.
Customers who have purchased a Plus plan may be entitled to a certain number of hours of private tutoring. In these cases, tutoring hours will be scheduled by the student, with at least three weeks' notice of preferred times required to schedule a session. In the rare event we are not able to fulfil a private tutoring request, a pro rata refund will be provided ($75.25 per hour of private tutoring as per 1 May 2018).
Times and dates for classes and lectures.
Every effort will be made to ensure we adhere to the advertised dates, locations and timings of classes and lectures, however, we reserve the right to alter any session details. If this should occur, we commit to notifying all students in writing as soon as practically possible, and providing the option of a refund where reasonable.
If your class has been cancelled.
In the event that your scheduled class is cancelled, we will either provide you with: a substitute credit which you can redeem at a different Connect Classes session of your choosing, or organise a makeup session within 6 weeks of the date of the cancelled class. We will do everything in our power to prevent these situations from occurring.
If you are unable to attend a lecture.
Unless otherwise stated, no refunds will be available. However, Connect Education may deliver materials to you free of charge on a case-by-case basis, provided that the request has been made prior to the lecture.
Using Connect Gift Cards or Credit
Connect Education’s gift cards or credit entitle all holders to a credit for the products specified. Gift cards may not be used additively in the same transaction, and may not be exchanged for cash.
Intellectual Property Rights
You acknowledge that the Connect Education website, special technology used in connection with the website, Connect Educationʼs services, all software, material, information, communications, text, graphics, links, electronic art, animations, audio, video, photos, and other data available within the website are provided by Connect Education or third party providers and are the copyrighted works of Connect Education and/or such third parties.
You may not store any significant portion of any Connect Education content or Connect Education services or materials in any form. You acknowledge that Connect Education and/or third party providers remain the owners of the content and that you do not acquire any intellectual property rights to the content.
Further, VCE Exam Questions reproduced from the Victorian Curriculum and Assessment Authority (VCAA) are © VCAA, used with permission. VCE® is a registered trademark of the VCAA. Current and past VCAA Exams and related content can be accessed directly at www.vcaa.vic.edu.au. The VCAA does not endorse or make any warranties regarding this Connect Education study resource.
Permission is granted to access and use the ConnectApp website (http://app.connecteducation.com.au) for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the Materials
- use the Materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial)
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any of the Materials
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the Materials
- transfer the Materials to another person or "mirror" the Materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Connect Education at any time
Period of Usage
Purchasing a license to ConnectApp entitles you to access until December 31 of the year in which you made the purchase. For non-paying users, Connect Education reserves the right to change the conditions of usage at any time with no notice, including cancelling usage at its discretion.
Accuracy and Usefulness of Information
Information provided on this website does not represent professional advice. This publication is designed to provide information about the syllabus in certain subjects. Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information provided, but no warranty or fitness is implied.
All prices quoted on the website are quoted in Australian Dollars ("AUD") and are inclusive of GST. A payment to be made to Connect Education must always be made in accordance with ConnectAppʼs Terms of Usage. Refunds are not available for ConnectApp, except where required by relevant state and federal law.
Trial Period and Subscription Cancellation
Where a trial period is provided, the website may be used free of charge for the duration of the specified period. During this period, credit card information may be securely stored for the sole purpose of making a charge at the specified time. The subscription may be cancelled prior to the end of the trial period to prevent the charge of the credit card.
Security and Liability
Connect Education will not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with, use or reliance on any goods or services available on or through any third party website. You assume all risk and liability of your use of the Internet or any such third party networks, including any access to the website. Connect Education will act in good faith to protect user data, however cannot be held responsible for any breach.
The use of the website is governed by, construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of Victoria, Australia and you irrevocably submit to the nonexclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Victoria, Australia and their respective courts of appeal in that regard.
By using ConnectApp, you agree to Connect Educationʼs terms of service.
Referral Program Terms and Conditions
The Connect Education Referral Program allows registered Connect Education website users (an “Connect Education User”) to earn promotional coupon credits (“Connect Credits”) toward products on the online store by referring friends to Connect Education. The program has the following terms:
- Connect Credits may only be redeemed via the Connect Education site or via a relevant sales channel. Connect Credits will automatically appear as Connect Credit on the checkout page, and must be used within one year from the date they are issued. After one year, the Connect Credits will expire. Connect Credits are coupons issued for promotional purposes; they have no cash value and may not be transferred or exchanged for cash.
- Connect Credits may not be earned by creating multiple accounts. Connect Credits accrued in separate accounts may not be combined into one account.
- If for any reason you believe that there is a discrepancy regarding your balance of Connect Credits, please contact us. Connect Education may require you to submit additional information in order to make a determination regarding your balance. All decisions regarding your balance will be final and at Connect Education’s sole discretion.
- Referrals should only be used for personal and non-commercial purposes, and only shared with personal connections that will appreciate receiving these invitations. Referral links should not be published or distributed where there is no reasonable basis for believing that all or most of the recipients are personal friends (such as coupon websites, Reddit, or Wikipedia).
- Referred friends that have signed up using a valid referral link or code will also receive a Connect Credit toward their next qualifying purchase (on classes or lectures) on Connect Education. The standard Connect Credit is $30 AUD, but may vary in some cases if the referred friend signed up as part of a special promotion. Varying credit amounts and additional terms will be shown in the referral invitation or accompanying promotional materials.
- A referred friend must be a new Connect Education customer and may only use one referral link or code. If a referred friend receives referral links or codes from multiple Connect Education users, only the corresponding Connect Education User of the referral link or code used by the referred friend will receive Connect Credit.
- Connect Education may suspend or terminate the Referral Program or a user’s ability to participate in the Referral Program at any time for any reason.
- We reserve the right to suspend accounts or remove Connect Credits if we notice any activity that we believe is abusive, fraudulent, or in violation of the Connect Education Terms of Service. We reserve the right to review and investigate all referral activities and to suspend accounts or modify referrals in our sole discretion as deemed fair and appropriate.
- The scope, variety, and type of services and products that you may obtain by redeeming Connect Credits can change at any time.